Support Seattle Peach by visiting our sponsors:
- Sammy on Beauty 101: Finding Your Perfect Foundation – Pt. 1
- Live Review: Sasquatch! 2013 Day 2 Recap | Seattle Peach on Sasquatch! 2013 Street Fashion
- Seattle Peach on Brand New Talk: Duh Cripe for youryoungbody
- Haley McLain on Brand New Talk: Duh Cripe for youryoungbody
- Seattle Peach 100: Nick Bartoletti | Seattle Peach on Album Review: Crypts’ Self Titled Debut
Tag Archives: tour
Last year, Seattle Peach became a fangirl of chillwave pioneer, Neon Indian, because Alan Palomo is such an incredible productionist. And as dorky as it might sound, leading up to the show at the Crocodile last week, I was colossally compelled by the promise of watching him fiddle with buttons and knobs and behold as he pulls it all together into a wondrous wash of song. Instead, he was voguing in front of a microphone like a total rock star, popping behind a synthesizer every now and then to bang out some riffs. He certainly brought it on the showmanship side, and the sound was spectacular. The crowd came to party, and the live backing band gave them just that. They put on a fantastic show and had really great energy. Apparently, Palomo is a genius—he can geek out in the studio and produce something truly original, even game changing, and step onto a stage and own the performance side of being a star. It may not have been exactly what this peach was expecting when she walked into the Crocodile that night, but it was nothing short of entertainment.
Neon Indian is on tour this fall traveling all across the country and some of Canada. So far, they’ve only reached the midwest, so there’s still plenty of time to catch the show. In fact. make it a priority.
Photo of Neon Indian in San Francisco from indieshuffle.comTweet